Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 13, July 14

As Dave Sees It!

As Framp Remembers It!

We left Albuquerque with ease and were on our way by what I thought was around 7. Turns out Arizona is in a different time zone than the rest of world.... Like Saskatchewan, they don't use daylight savings time. So Dave and I arrived in Arizona really early.


The time difference between the camera and the "real" time is 3 hours in these pics. (I have now changed the time on the camera)

We drove though the Painted Desert and hike though parts of the Petrified Forest. Very similar to Dinosaur Park in Alberta.



We hiked around but the trails were all paved so my new boots were overkill. We are now wondering if Bright Angel Trail out of the Grand Canyon will be paved too?






The logs are all petrified. They were coated in silica eons ago and changed from wood to mineral through time. I am at the end of a log and Dave is snapping the pic.

We were checked in at our RV park by 3. We had a swim, dinner and Dave is asleep already. It is 9:30 pm and we have been through two time changes in two days. I am trying to stay up so I don't wake up at 5 tomorrow.  Off to Munds, Arizona tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment