Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Medicine Hat Trip

This is where the TransCanada Hwy washed away outside of Maple Creek.
This is not a lake..... Just a puddle.


Our first oil rig.... still in Saskatchewan!!


The drive through Saskatchewan was reasonably uneventful, unlike yesterday's trip when my darling husband decided that he could pull out in front of a transport moving 110 km. Needless to say, the Enterprise (and Dolly) did not get up to warp speed and we had to accelerate down the paved shoulder while a transport in the right lane and a car in the left whistled past us...... I know this is hard to believe (for those who know me well), but I didn't say a word ('til later).

Medicine Hat had a big storm but we are fine and dry in our RV. We will be looking for an oil change tomorrow and Dave thinks we might have a leaky head gasket.... I think we just have leaky heads. All is well with us, though the farmers in parts of Saskatchewan are hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment